Types: Alpine, Climbing and Mountaineering, Summer
Region: Sea to Sky
The Northeast face of Mount Garibaldi is a classic mountaineering objective with some of the best views to be had!
Mount Garibaldi is one of the most iconic peaks along the Sea-to-Sky, partially due to it's prominent location towering over the Howe Sound and the town of Squamish and one of the most recognized peaks in the area. It is also BC's best known volcano and the last in a chain of stratovolcanoes that extend up from Mount Shasta in California. Offering some of the best summit views to be had on the coast it's an incredibly fun and rewarding peak!
The Northeast face of Mount Garibaldi is a classic mountaineering objective that's just difficult enough to really make the summit something that has to be earned. The route involves glacier travel, technical crevasses, snow and ice climbing to 45 degrees and a challenging bergschrund crossing. A true sea-to-sky endeavor, you meet your guide in Squamish basically at sea-level and top out the next day on a 2678m high summit.
We offer this trip weekly all summer, just let us know when you want to go and we'll get it set up.
- 1 Day ascent with Helicopter drop-off & pick-up:
- Group of 2: $1299/person
- Group of 1: $2199/person
- 2 Day ascent via 4x4 road:
- Group of 3: $699/person
- Group of 2: $899/person
- Group of 1: $1599/person
Waiver & Risk Management:
As you know, outdoor activities involve numerous hazards including, but not limited to, avalanches, crevasses, rockfall, slips and falls, equipment failure, poor weather, etc. And while we do our best to anticipate and mitigate these hazards we cannot completely eliminate them. So, as with anything fun, you will be required to sign our Participant Release to take part in one of our courses or trips.
Custom Dates Available
- Meet your guide in Squamish in the early am
- Drive a 4×4 up to Brohm ridge
- Hike over to the Shark’s Fin on the North side of Garibaldi & set up camp
- Go for a quick glacier walk to scope out the route for the next day.
- Alpine start, ascend the Warren glacier to the Northeast face of Mt Garibaldi.
- Climb ice and snow to 45 degrees to the ridge
- Scramble along the ridge to summit and the amazing views down the Howe Sound
- Descend the same route down camp and pack up
- Hike back to Brohm Ridge
- Get back to Squamish for dinner and views of Garibaldi from a local patio
Activities and Add-Ons for this Course
BlackSheep Merino Wool Toque (Beanie)
A beautiful fleece lined merino wool toque. They come in black and grey though colours are subject to availability.
Glacier Kit Rental
Winter: 4 locking carabiners, 2 non-locking, personal prussic, sling, 5m prussic cord and belay device Summer: 4 locking carabiners, 2 non-locking, personal prussic, sling, 5m prussic cord, belay device, ice screw, crampons & ice axe