Russia 2022: Ski Kamchatka
Types: Expeditions, International, Ski and Snowboarding, Touring
Ski Kamchatka, Russia – An amazing ski trip for the adventurous soul that starts in Moscow before exploring the soaring volcanos of the Kamchatka region.
Next Departure:Leaving Apr 23 2022 from $6,999.00
Russia 2022: Ski Kamchatka
While Japan was once the frontier of backcountry skiing, because of social media, movies and magazines it’s now been “discovered” and is getting quite busy. Kamchatka on the other hand is still amazingly wild, remote and undiscovered. If you’re interested in an amazing and unique ski vacation then Ski Kamchatka is for you!
The Ski Kamchatka trip starts with a flight into Moscow where we’ll spend an evening exploring the local food, spirits and sights. The next day we’ll board another plane for a flight to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. Perched on the ocean and surrounded by amazing volcanoes this remote corner of Russia is slowly becoming a ski destination. And rightly so, think Hakkuba’s terrain combined Hokkaido’s snow! Even better, there’s basically no one around.
Once we arrive at the Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky airport in Kamchatka we’ll head over to the small town of Paratunka where we’ll be based out of for the first half of the trip. While there we’ll spend our days exploring the local mountains while sessioning Japanese style tree runs and our evening soaking in natural hot springs. We may even try to sneak in a day of heli skiing on one of the local volcanoes if the weather’s good.
After a few days of skiing trees it’ll be time to head into a new area and push into the alpine. We’ll catch a ride on a snowcat to a remote hut perched on a pass between the towering summits of the very active Avachinsky and Koryaksky volcanos. From there we’ll have massive 2000+m lines right on our doorstep just begging to be skied with the ocean right at our feet.
Alas the trip must come to a close so after a few days at Avachinsky pass we’ll head into town for a final night in Kamchatka before flying back to Moscow where we’ll wrap up the trip over a great dinner and some vodka.
Apr 23 2022 to May 4 2022
- A $1500 deposit is due upon booking
- The final payment is due December 31st, 2021
- Trips subject to 5% GST
- We require everyone to have Travel & Medical insurance
- We requite emergency rescue insurance through Global Rescue
- Be sure to look over our Booking Policies
- Participants will be required to sign a Waiver
- Day 1: Arrive in Moscow
- Day 2: Fly to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky
- Days 3 – 5: Hit up some Japan-style tree runs in the local mountains
- Day 6: Meet the snowcats for transport up to a hut on Avachinsky pass.
- Day 7 – 9: Shred lines on the flanks of the Avachinsky and Koryaksky volcanoes.
- Day 10: After skiing in the morning we’ll head into Petropavlovsk for the night
- Day 11: Fly back to Moscow & celebrate over a big dinner & some vodka
- Day 12: Fly home from Moscow (or stick around to sight-see for a couple of days)